Hey, it’s me.
The lady behind the Uncaged career desk.
I could take this time to share my entire life story with you, but I doubt you have the attention span for the that. So let me cut to the chase…
My name is Azani. I love helping people advance in their careers and pursue their purpose. I am a recruiter by day, and resume writer by night. I’m based out of Kansas City, MO and am here to provide you with tricks of the trade that HR professionals just won’t tell you.
My professional values
One phrase I live by is “you can’t give what you don’t have.” And that’s at the core of all my resume and career services.
This means I will never give you resume advice that hasn’t worked for me, or give you information that cannot be validated.
That’s the benefit of working with me as your resume writer and consultant:
- I only tell you what I know works based on experience and data;
- I don’t act like I’m an expert in areas I know nothing about;
- and I care about you and your advancement above anything else.
The advice I give is tried, tested, and true because I want your life to get better (and I can’t help you do that by giving you flimsy advice that doesn’t actually work).
I’m telling you: Recruiting and resume writing are “my thing,” so let me help you advance!
My Professional Background
…because credentials never hurt anyone, right?
- I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Studies from the University of Missouri – Kansas City.
- I’m a member of the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) — one of the largest HR organizations in the country.
- I managed to land an AWESOME job right out of college which I am SO grateful for.
- I have experience applying for and getting scholarships of more than $50,000 in value.
- I have two years of corporate recruiting experience across multiple states and industries (but I am based out of KC).
- I review hundreds of resumes on a monthly basis and am directly involved in hiring decisions on a weekly basis.
I tell you this to say: I’m not some Joe Schmo off the street trying to make a couple of dollars. I have real experience and am a real resume writer that can help you advance your life.
So who is Azani outside of work life?
- I play tennis for fun! I’ve played since I was little both leisurely and competitively.
- Although I love people, I am an introvert. I love silence, peace, and quiet.
- I LIKE to work (say whaaaat?!) but I LIVE for the weekends when I have NOTHING to do and NOTHING planned. Those are the best.
- I love to travel and experience other cultures… I’ve been to 9 countries and counting. (That photo you see… That was taken in Rome!)
- I love the outdoors (but not the bugs) — hiking, biking, jogging, rafting, beach walks, you name it!